Shreveport Green's FEAST!
A five-course dinner of locally sourced ingredients served under the stars, Feast, a farm-to-table experience, is a glorious tribute to summer's bounty that will take place at Provenance Community's Greenleaf Park on Thursday, May 24, 2018, at 6:30 p.m.
The dinner will feature a delicious four-course dinner created with local produce and fare, and prepared by 7 of Shreveport's most renown chefs.
We are happy to welcome back three veteran Feast chefs:
- Jason Brady, entrepreneur extraordinaire, known for his Wine Country Bistro and Parish Taceaux restaurants as well as Southern Fork Catering.
- Gabriel Balderas, who grew up in Mexico and took his El Cabo Verde from a pop-up restaurant at local farmers markets and events to a brick-and-mortar eatery in Provenance on the basis of providing fresh, authentic Mexican food.
- Frank Harris Jr., the chef behind those creative pizzas at Frank's Pizza Napoletana and Cajun/Creole favorites at Frank's Louisiana Kitchen in Provenance.
And thrilled to announce four new chefs:
- Anthony Felan, owner of Fat Calf Boucherie, a farm-to-table gastropub inside Red River Brewing Company.
- Eleazar Mondragon, of Ki' Mexico, known for its hip, urban vibe and creative tacos.
- Tom Ramsey, a private chef and food writer who recently moved to Shreveport to work with the Louisiana Food Prize.
- Melissa Stewart Brannan, owner of Now You're Cooking, which provides in-home cooking classes for individuals and small groups, catering and meal preparation.
Accompanying wines will also be provided. Fine dining focused local products is an opportunity to truly experience Shreveport Green's mission to encourage the local production of food which is healthier, affordable, and more accessible.
Special thanks to our wonderful sponsors:
Special thank you to our farmers
- Evan McCommon of Mahaffey Farms
- Craig Smith of Smith Family Farms of Louisiana
- Jason Anderson of Anderson's Produce & Plant Farm
- ShreveCORPS of Shreveport Green
- Flowing Hills Creamery
- Mike Ransom of Ransom Produce
- Haute Goat Creamery